Saturday, September 1, 2012

IX Semester

I couldn't wait to post the last semester (i.e. IX Sem) experience :-)

What to say, It is a mixed feeling this time: one is that we are free again from the current 9-day work week and the other being our regular meeting with friends and classroom learning would become infrequent. But whatever the concoction is: its net result is still +ve.

The mix of subjects this time provided high powered immense learning that would go a long way in shaping us as great(!) managers:
Strategic Management in Technological Innovation (SMTI)
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Internet Marketing (Internet Marketing)
Service Marketing (Serv.Mktg.)

SMTI was a must-take. Prof. Jain was extremely fascinating - the concepts he taught had a great impact on us. This time we had the honor of doing 7 assignments in a single subject but they roused the interest in the subject. The fact that he started the class with Saraswati Vandana was astonishing! (He had an impeccable style with which he carried himself with and the hat was very distinguishable too). Thanks to his inquisitiveness in our innovations Adobe LeanPrint too was discussed in our SMTI class w.r.t the utility framework.

M&A again was interested enough with the mix of national and international cases and discussions. Prof Ashutosh did give his best try with managing 2 sections The guest lectures were extremely good too. Nishant Saxena of Elements Akademia on P&G Gillette acquisition and Avimukt Dar on the “Legal Aspects of M&A”

Internet Marketing gave us the insights of the various aspects of marketing on the Internet and the rising importance of analytics and social media. All learnings were implemented in a project that we did on promoting bdaromatics.com

Service Marketing went into the nitty-gritties of designing and marketing a service. The importance of each and every step detailing in a service was the greatest takeaway from the subject. Dhobilite.com laundry service was taken up as a project.

I was searching for words to describe the feeling that I 'have' while (writing this blog) passing out from IIML and suddenly I got an email from one of my colleague Manu Chauhan that helped me in saving some time, the snippet of it goes like this- (feeling is similar:)

"..I am still trying to convince me by saying that the things are over now AT LAST, and now I have much more time for my family and job. But in back on my mind, I know that a gap has been created that will take some time to fill in. And on a more serious note, we are exposed to the world that we are an MBA now, and we are expected to perform like an IIM post-grad :)
But I am sure we will take this course on a new high by showing our actions in our own course of time. I congratulate all my batch mates for this achievement and wish you all the best things to come your way.
Let's all realize our dreams!!!.."
Last session - Internet Marketing (Dr. Maity in center)

Events:
Freshers welcome WMP8 batch
Great Guest lectures
Diesel hike
FDI Approval in retail, aviation

Links for Photos:
Link1: ClassRoom
Link2: The Presentations day

8 comments:

  1. Amit forgot to mention that he learned how to do internet marketing and how to create strategies to force WMP batch to write comments on his blog to market his URL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew this would come up .. :) .. wish I had done this contest before our Internet marketing Project :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice work Amit... Good concise overiview and memories of 9 terms... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abhinav! All the very best for the journey going forward, Keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this insight. Will help us select our electives.
    Dibyendu
    wmp term vi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dibyendu!
      When considering electives do consult other colleagues as well because this is my perspective on limited electives only. There were other good electives that I couldn't take because my credit limit was exhausted.
      My criterion for selecting electives was Prof based rather than subject based :-) Good luck!

      Delete
  4. At the end of WMP6, I claim that I learned from Amit two things:-
    First, commitment brings hardwork and enrich your confidence.
    Second, your voice/tone is the winner that takes all.

    बानी ऐसी बोलिये, मन का आपा खोय।
    औरन को सीतल करै, आपहु सीतल होय.................."Raheem"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a praise from the Guru himself!
    "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" :-)

    ReplyDelete